Sunday, October 6, 2013

Persimmons And Squash

Purple, orange, cadmium red, viridian green and violet blue are my colors for Fall.

Assorted squash.


Eccentric Victorian candle stick.

Fall colors!   A beautiful Uzbekistan antique textile, Hopi pot with green parrot feathers and vintage Blue Willow bowl.


When the persimmons get very soft and super sweet, I make persimmon brandy.  Ready in 6 months!  The brandy has a delicate flavor.


Persimmons from the garden.  We are raccoon free this year!



3 comments:

  1. LoVe these colors Rachel, they are so rich and luscious.
    How did you become raccoon free?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Last year a raccoon family took up residence at a redwood tree luxury "condo". They ate everything. I didn't get even one persimmon.
      I did not have a raccoon problem this year. However, what is up with all the frogs! They are everywhere! In the house. In the grass. I picked some hydrangeas and there was a lime green tiny frog sitting on top of the flowers.
      I live in frog town.

      October 6, 2013 at 8

      Delete