Sunday, April 27, 2014

Funky Purses

Sometimes I get the urge to make purses and bags.  I love combining beaded medallions with Navajo
buttons and animal print fabric with velvet.
Leather straps with silver conchos and fringe will always be my favorite theme and style for a bag.
I make them extra long so they go across the shoulder and rest on the hip.
I call this purse the "Barbara".
Amaze me Monday
Wow us Wednesday
Home sweet home
I love animal prints, especially leopard.   Antique chairs are especially
fine for a leopard makeover!
A camel bag from Uzbekistan completes the look.
I collect antique ethnic textiles and anything with tassels!
Mosaic Monday

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful detailed bead work! I've enjoyed browsing through your site which I found via Mosaic Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your bags are amazing! I love the animal print with the silver and turquoise! Oh my....bags are my passion! You are so talented!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the "Barbara" purse, my namesake. You are very talented. Animal prints are very chic and will always look perfect with any and all outfits.
    Visiting from Waling up Wednesday Linky.
    Barbara @ www.allmylivesnow.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing bags! I love the Barbara. Thank you for sharing at What We Accomplished Wednesdays. Have a great week!

    Blessings,
    Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love these bags! I've just pinned this and given your post a +1!

    Thanks for sharing at the Say G'day Saturday linky party.

    Best wishes and hope you can join in again this weekend.
    Natasha in Oz

    ReplyDelete