Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Rachel's Studio

You can find my studio on the bottom floor of my three story home.  Here is a  work in progress!
Paintings by Rachel
Tablescape Thursday
Good place to set up an arrangement!
Open House
Seasonal Sunday
Got brushes?
Coastal Charm
Pink Saturday
Amaze Me Monday
I am loving this floor chandelier!
Work it Wednesday
My taxidermy peacock's name is "Prince".  I love Chinese lanterns and small colorful objects.  Germantown Navajo rugs, Turkish carpets, Indian sari and Suzani fabric are great to drape under objects and in the background.
savvy southern style
The geisha vase is something I enjoy painting in different settings.   All you need is a flower arrangement from the garden.
treasure hunt Thursday
You will find my studio cluttered with props for still life paintings.
Time Travel Thursday
Mosaic Monday


13 comments:

  1. What a Prince, he's beautiful! So is your painting and I love the frame. It must be so nice having your studio in your home Thanks so much for sharing at AMAZE ME MONDAY, great having you!
    Blessings,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Cindy. And thank you for being such a generous host!
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  3. From one artist to another: Love the peacock you painted! Am gonna show hubby your pic with the brushes - he always wonders why I need another brush:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And no matter how wretched the brushes become, they are still useful!

      Delete
  4. Hi Rachel
    Gosh just look at all your treasures from all round the world, How long has Prince been with you?! You house looks amazing how fortunate to have a studio I reckon you'd never be at a loss for something to paint either inside or out!
    Wren x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Wren.
      Prince has been with me for 8 years. I am hoping he lasts forever (not sure of the life span of taxidermy). Laguna is the best place to paint landscapes and I do feel lucky to be here!
      Rachel

      Delete
  5. I love your interior design. Specially the colours and the brave mixing of different personal things witch you seems to love. From the west of Sweden and Marie-Louise

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rachel,
    Good memories of painting together in your downstairs studio surrounded by all your beauties, and this post is so full of photos of your treasures I'm in heaven! Lets plan a get together soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very ecclectic and charming - wonderful photos - I'd love to have such a space! I do appreciate you sharing with Home and Garden Thursday,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your Studio is so Boheme' that I just Love it! So glad to have discovered your Beautiful Blog this evening... Blessings from the Arizona Desert... Dawn... The Bohemian

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Dawn! I am so glad you stopped by! I love your your blog!
    Cheers,
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete